I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing services that span from therapy for depression and grief counseling to return to work post-injury and beyond. In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, I offer a personalized approach tailored to each clients’ individual needs to help them attain the personal growth they seek.
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- EMDR is an evidence-based psychotherapy for PTSD. In addition, successful outcomes are well-documented in the literature for EMDR treatment of other psychiatric disorders, mental health problems, and somatic symptoms. The model on which EMDR is based, Adaptive Information Processing (AIP), posits that much of psychopathology is due to maladaptive encoding of and/or incomplete processing of traumatic or disturbing adverse life experiences. This impairs the client’s ability to integrate these experiences in an adaptive manner. The eight-phase, three-pronged process of EMDR facilitates the resumption of normal information processing and integration. This treatment approach, which targets past experience, current triggers, and future potential challenges, results in the alleviation of presenting symptoms, a decrease or elimination of distress from the disturbing memory, improved view of the self, relief from bodily disturbance, and resolution of present and future anticipated triggers.
Psychotherapy for Depression and Anxiety
- The treatment of emotional challenges by psychological rather than medical means.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & Chronic Pain Management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a widely researched, time-limited psychotherapeutic approach that has been shown to be efficacious across several mental and behavioral conditions
Psychoeducational Services to Build Resistance and Enhance Resilience to Stress / Trauma
- Structured format consisting of providing problem-focused or skill-building education for emotional & behavioral change in one- or two-hour time-limited group(s)
Rehabilitation Counseling & Psychosocial Adjustment to Disabiity
- A systematic process which assists persons with physical, mental, developmental, cognitive, and emotional disabilities to achieve their personal, career, and independent living goals
- Assisting injured workers in their recovery and return to work coordinating necessary services and acting as a central point of contact
Critical Incident Stress Management
- A comprehensive, phase sensitive, and integrated, multi-component approach to crisis/disaster intervention
Substance Use Disorders — to include DOT / SAP Evaluations
- Outpatient treatment through individual counseling with individuals whose substance use patterns allow them to remain in their own homes and environments while receiving services
Work & Career Issues
- What are my strengths and how to I describe what is important to me in choosing & interviewing for a career? (Career Guidance & Counseling, Vocational Testing, Job Seeking, Skills Training, etc.)
Litigation Consulting & Vocational Expert Testimony
- Assessing the impact of limitations due to injury (disability) upon independent living skills and vocational development to include Earning Capacity Analysis and Life Care Planning